Day 30 – Today’s home work: Create a self-love plan of 5 action items for the coming 90 days (July, August, September)
The below is my 5 self-love actions with end of Aug updates:
(my end of July updates)
(1) Read 3 self-love books (1 book by the end of each month)
2nd book checked – “Encouragement changes everything“ by John C Maxwell.
The next book for September is “Self-improvement 101” by John C Maxwell.
(2) One statement per day (30 by each month end)
- Aug 1 – Encouragement is the oxygen to the soul.
- Aug 2 – We always have choice to be who we want to be!
- Aug 3 – It would be easier to hike with the right shoes…
- Aug 4 – Let no ‘expectation’ traps me into the ‘should be’ situation and disturbs me emotionally.
- Aug 5 – I am really proud of myself facing up to my weaknesses.
- Aug 6 – Life is beautiful. I will take time to slow down and enjoy the beauty.
- Aug 7 – I can do it! I can let go the urge of wanting to be right!
- Aug 8 – Empathy is the pillar for an intimate and strong relationship.
- Aug 9 – At time of difficult moment, take one day at a time; difficult period will eventually pass.
- Aug 10 – Not to over worry for people or things that I have no control over or not responsible of.
- Aug 11 – Relationship requires investment of love, time, energy, compromises, understanding, patience, communication and faith. The more we invest, the more we reap on the way!
- Aug 12 – Trust is the foundation of a relationship. I will give 100% of trust at the beginning – what do I get to lose?
- Aug 13 – sometimes we ask for things that we are not ready to receive; in this case, perhaps it’s better that we wait a bit longer.
- Aug 14 – Waiting for someone else’ to change takes very long time; it is easier to change ourselves first.
- Aug 15 – Anyone appears in our lives for a reason. I may not understand what is the reason right away, but I am willing to explore and learn from.
- Aug 16 – I am happy that I am a giver in love and also a taker.
- Aug 17 – There are so many unfortunate events happening on other people around us; I will cherish what I have, not focus on what i don’t have.
- Aug 18 – When I start to involve and consider my partner in decision making, from big to small decisions, it’s the time when i really in a relationship.
- Aug 19 – Sometimes in a relationship, it’s not about what we can do for others, but merely the simple fact if we are there when asked or needed.
- Aug 20 – To get recognized by others, sometimes is not about how well and how much you have done; but how much you stood up by your achievements.
- Aug 21 – Always aim for the best and prepare for the worst.
- Aug 22 – It’s never too late to make an apology.
- Aug 23 – Do what you can while alive; once when time is up, action ceases.
- Aug 24 – Be humble; the more we know, the less we know.
- Aug 25 – Forgive is to forget and let go; not to ignore.
- Aug 26 – A bold heart is half of the battle.
- Aug 27 – Less is more.
- Aug 28 – The best gifts in life are given when we are not asking for them.
- Aug 29 – When my partner embraces my temper in silence, it does not mean it doesn’t hurt, so I may abuse it; it means he loves me and my temper more than he loves himself.
- Aug 30 – Thinking out of box sometimes, it helps thinking in the box!
- Aug 31 – I may not be the best perfect partner that my partner wishes for; but I am proud of being the partner I am to my partner.
(3) Two hours of exercise per week (8.5 hours every month)
50% checked – only did 4 hours this month 😦 I would like to focus a bit more in restate my health in Sept!
(4) Two activities per month that I would love to do with myself (2 activities to share each month)
Checked! Finally visited my dream destination, a church in Mogno Switzerland designed by Mario Botha (see below); invited myself to a Japanese restaurant and enjoy food by myself.
(5) Save $100 per month for the thing that I always wanted ($100 more at the end of each month)
Checked! Total $200 by now and I have already bought the pad!!! YEH.. early achievement!